Sunday, September 28, 2008

F1!

Woohoo!!! Alonso came out first VERY unexpectedly. I really did not expect him to win after some discussion with friends. Especially his pole standing position was 15.

The first 8 laps at least Massa and Hamilton were leading until Massa's first pit stop. Haix. My sis says it is not ferrari's year. Haha. Massa really lost the fighting spirit. Too bad for him. But i think he didn't lose much standing in the driver's championshop standing.

Another Ferrari's racer, Kimi Raikkonen, did not manage to secure any of the top 3 positions. His car banged when he left 4 laps to go. I felt this was wasted as he could have caught up and got 3rd.

The pit stops were exciting la. Only 10 s to change tyres, pump fuel etc. Ferrari clocked the least timing [i think so], 6.6s, not mentioning the accident happened to Massa's car.
Massa's car incident was really chaos man. And Hamilton behind waiting almost almost wasted a lot of time.

The pit stops were the main factor that contributes to the race as many drivers took this opportunity to overtake others. And i only learnt this after i called Nigel to ask. I am so noob. Haha.

I think Renault for Alonso made quite a good strategy in the pit stops. But i didn't get to watch the 2nd pit stop for alonso lor. Tsk. Channel 5 did not replay that part.

There were so many dramatic changes during the race! Some cars 'buang' and safety cars came in. These really made this first F1 night race an exciting one! I enjoyed it!!!! Haha...