Tuesday, May 8, 2012

All About My Only Father-6th April 2012 to 9th April 2012

From 6th April 2012, the Good Friday onwards, we realized he has started to be eating very little. When we asked him why is he eating so little, he just said he has no appetite and he continue to lie on his bed. Whenever its time to have breakfast, lunch or dinner, we would ask him what he wants to eat and we would get it for him.

Starting he would still say porridge or soup, but on the 7th of April for dinner, he said he did not want anything. Again, the things he do not want we cannot force him. I remembered clearly I have a term project due and so cannot care for him much and I went over to my second sister's home to focus on my project. Wanted to do it in school but the air con in the level 3 study room of utown spoiled. No choice, make do with my sister's place but I ordered no tv.

On the 8th and 9th April morning according to my mum he only had 2 tablespoons of porridge the rest of the day probably few mouthfuls of water.

On the 8th he even wanted to go out on a rainy day but was spotted by me. Then I persuaded him to drop the idea because outside was really raining very heavily. In addition, he hasnt been eating much and so don't even have the energy to fight against the cold outside. So felt abit of sense of what I said, he stayed at home.

On the 9th April 2012, Monday, I was in school and over whatsapp, my second sister brought up that he wanted to visit a doctor located at Changi Road because over Shin Min Daily Newspaper, the doctor was featured to have cured terminal illness like cancer. So he had the determination to get cured.

Some commotion over bringing him to see this doctor at Changi Road as my eldest sister promised him that she would bring him there when she had the time. But she just went to San Francisco for a week and now she is busy with her work. Then the telephone number of this doctor was given to my eldest sister before but she lost it. Its like she wanted to hold up this responsibility but she is not doing anything about it and we all feel my dad may not have the time to wait for her anymore.

My second sister, mum and I started to search for the number and luckily, the newspaper featured him again and my mum got the number. Soon, my second sister fixed the appointment the next day; according to the receptionist, the doctor squeezed sometime out to see my dad.

My bro-in-law was scehduled to bring him there as he was off on that day.