Thursday, May 3, 2012

All About My Only Father-12th November 2011 (Day 2)

At about 10 am, I was awake and went to look for my second sister-I slept in her house on Friday night. We had a small chat, discussing about all the possibilities and the measures to be taken. All the possibilities pose problems to our life and my exams as well. Problems include monetary and many more which we have not encountered before.
Then, a call came calling to my second sister. I did not know who called initially and what is the content about, then the content slowly revealed the story. It was the consultant of my dad's condition, called to briefly explain what was wrong with my dad saying there is something in his liver but he is unsure what the thing was and arranging a meet-up with him on Monday, 14th November 2011 late afternoon and more details would be filled in during the meet-up.
After the news, the thing we did not want most still popped up to us. Alot of things came into my mind, like the life we got to be adjusted to before he leaves, the monetary problems concerned with his condition etc. Inevitably, my sister and I broke into tears.
Then, my dad called me before my feelings were stabilized. But we all know that we did not want him to know what was the news about so fast and so I need to fake ignorance about it. I took a deep breathe before speaking to him. He asked me if the hospital called us to tell us anything. I posted the question back to him asking if they got tell you anything. then he said got staff came to see him telling him that he would be meeting the doctor on Monday. So immediatelty I replied 'Ya lor, they told me the same thing also." Heng lor. Need to stablizied my voice, my feelings and had to maintain my reaction was a tough thing to do! Even its only few minutes.
We unanimously feel that we need to hide the news from him so when we went to see him, we did not say anything and brought him for small walk, took dinner with him at downstairs kopitiam and brought him out for a smoke.
He was determined to walk by himself, showing preserverance to live. This is good. We even stayed till 9pm watching channel u's drama with him. The only thing that was unacceptable was the amount of food he is taking. He ate too little of the food given by the hospital. He complained tasteless of the food.