Tuesday, May 8, 2012

All About My Only Father-11th April 2012

The doctor from Changi medicine's preparation was 4 packets of the powder and make into a cup using warm water to dissolve the powder. Drink every morning only after the drink has cooled down.

We briefed all these to him on the night of the 10th April and he acknowledged it especially he said he wanted to drink it-he did not even want to drink water the past few days.

I was home in the morning on this day and so I made the drink for him, placed beside him. Around 930am, I wanted to buy my brunch and so I asked him if he wanted anything. Then I saw he wanted to sit up to go to the toilet but did not have sufficient energy to do it. I helped him to sit up, and he asked me something very puzzling to me.

He asked:"Where are we now? Are we in America?" I immediately replied:" Of course no lah, we are in Singapore. It was 大姐 who went America the last time.". Then he said he thought we were in Ameria.

The next moment he said he wanted to go to the toilet and so I waited for him to make sure he reached the toilet and back on his bed safely. But after waited for half an hour, he just sat there not moving, probably with a few coughs and he did nothing.

Then I decided not to wait for him anymore and go and buy my food. I had a term test on this day I studied right till the time before I left house at 1130am, half an hour before the test. I took a cab to school, my first time taking a cab to NUS, somewhere so far away from my house. But the cab fare was only like S$12.

I thought I wouldn't do it well because there were some concepts that I cannot comprehend and I just roughly understood the method in handling the questions. But now I know I scored 23 out of 25 MCQ questions. Not too bad actually.I did not think so much back then when studying for the few term tests on this week because I know my priority was still my father. I have the responsibility to make sure he is alright at home when my mum is not around.

I stayed in school after the test to study for the next MCQ term test the next day. Then I received a call from my mum. My dad was complaining of discomfort at his stomach area after drinking the medicine and he claimed that he needs to take another dosage of the medicine. My mum knows the medicine is to be taken once a day only but he refused to listen to my mum.

He also wanted to go back to visit the doctor at Changi Road because he felt discomfort after taking his medicine. But we all like, it is going to be of no use because firstly, the doctor may not have the time to see him again, secondly, why go back to the same doctor when the doctor is causing you to feel discomfort and lastly, no one is able to bring him there. So in the end we leave him with the discomfort.

I went soft actually; if he really wants to see the doctor and the doctor is available to see him, I can bring him there. At most I don't study so much for the test the next day. But in the end we did not bring him there and leave him with the discomfort unwillingly.