Thursday, May 3, 2012

All About My Only Father-19th & 20th November 2011 (Day 9&10)

Something very important that I have missed out.
One of my uncles called and said that he has helped us to get some lots. We read all the lots explanation all saying 先苦后甜, the result would be good but just have to endure. Okay, seems fine but we gotta do one more thing. That is to go and seek our ancestors' blessings. We planned to go on the 20th, a bit rush but no choice.
So on Saturday, the 19th, after we return from the hospital for the afternoon visit, we went to the incense paper shop to get the all the offerings. After we reached home, it started raining till evening time and we still need to go get fishball noodle soup from the market for him. Lucky my mum went to buy if not we seriously do not know who should go and buy as we were all physically worn out.
The next day, on the 20th, initially was quite rush but things went smoothly soon. I went to buy some food as offerings from the market, woke up around 7 plus with a few hours sleep as I presume my eldest sister won't be able to get up so early which I was correct. By the time I got home, she was up and she started to pack the stuff we needed.
I forgot to do something last night which was to print out the names of our ancestors to be pasted on some of the offerings we bought for them to receive. So I quickly went to do it, quite rush as time is always passing. I printed, my eldest sister pasted and now where is my second sis!
So I quickly went over to wake her up. Soon, she came over and soon we finally set off! But in the end my bro-in-law commented the way I woke my sis up was as if she has owed me money. Lol.
We spent some time looking for the place as we all have not been to the place for a long time. We started to set up, and the good thing was we 3 all remember the different procedures to carry out the praying. All went smoothly and while on the way back, we came to know that the taxi driver who drove us back is already 75 years old! He is super old already by age but he don't look that old at all.
When we were home we were all starved and we finished all the food bought for the offerings. The amount of food is meant for about 5 persons but we 3 sisters finished it. We were that horribly hungry.
After eating, my second sister and I were so tired that we took a nap and sacrificed the chance to visit my father. So only my eldest sister went. And I, also skipped the evening visiting as to prepare for next day's exams.
I studied all the way till about 3am before I slept. There are quite a few things I would like to do for the morning paper but only managed to check the forum to see if there is any important things for me to look out for as I know that sleep is even more important. I have ever tried to stay up late to study for a small quiz but in the end made a lot of careless mistakes.