Thursday, May 3, 2012

All About My Only Father-15-18th November 2011 (Day 5 to8)

Somehow I have set my mind to visit him every noon as I am the only person available to see him. So I went everyday during noon time to visit him and also encouraged him to really eat more as he is really eating too little like 2 to 3 spoons of porridge and thats it.
I think this week my eldest sister was given 2 days to work from home by her superior. She was supposed to work from home and obviously she did not as she was simply too tired to do so. During these 2 days, we went together in the noon and came back to rest for awhile and we need to set off for the evening visiting hours.
So basically if you asked me what I have been doing my study break, I wasn't really studying at all. I know I am sort of wasting my time going to and fro from the hospital and not even bringing lunch or dinner to him on some days. But, if I do not visit him, its just like leaving him alone in the hospital to fight against everything himself. So its still better for me to.
At this point of time I worry most is the physical chem module. As i realized I do not really know what the questions were asking. I kept telling myself to try my best and hope the bell curve will help me.
So everyday I woke up early to catch 新还珠格格, one of my childhood drama at the same time revising the physical chem module. When its about 11am then I will start preparing what are the things needed to bring for him.
During this period, we were told to buy a nutritious powder named 'Oral Impact' powder for him to replenish his lost nutrients and to keep him healthy. Guess my eldest sister went to the pharmacy to buy on the 15th after visiting him. She also bought disposable panties for him.
On 16th November, a Wednesday, my second brother-in-law had his off day. So he also came to help by cooking my dad's favourite food. He cooked fish head soup on this day and he also accompanied me to hospital after cooking.
Though the fish head soup was nice, my dad still did not eat much. Disappointing. We chatted with him for a while, stayed there till about 2pm and we left. I was required to bring the fish head soup again in the evening for his dinner.
All these while my both older sisters encouraged him to go for operation and finally he agreed to. So since he has decided to go for operation, we clearly has an aim now which is he needs to eat more as constantly reminded by the doctors.
So sometimes we bought Whampoa's market famous fish soup for him and wached tv with him so that he still can enjoy those joyous moments that we had previously at home. We all wanted him to be well.
On the Friday, 18th November, I did not go for the volleyball session as seriously I can't find anytime for it as exams on Mondays but still not fully prepared and got to keep going to the hospital.