Thursday, May 3, 2012

All About My Only Father-22nd & 23rd November 2011 (Day 12&13)

Though its already my exam period but visiting him during noon and evenings (if I can afford to) is the only thing I can do to elevate some of his sufferings as by seeing us, he will feel happier.
I think I skipped the evening visiting on 23rd November as the next day I got another paper. I was supposed to leave by 2pm after the visiting hours on 23rd November and go home to prepare for my next day's paper. But it happened that they should start the nasal feeding on my father. This nasal feeding is to make sure that he has the neccessary nutrients as he has not been eating well orally.
However, after much waiting since I came at noon, about 2 hours plus his nasal feeding was still not started. And the needle at his wrist was clotted with blood. No nurses came to care and change for him. I was so fed up that I was almost in tears as I can feel that he is already very very weak and the nasal feeding should start soon. So i stayed, in case any communication needed I am there to tell my dad.
The needle was only changed until I informed the head of the nurses, whom changed the needed for my dad and asked for the required staff for my dad's nasal feeding. Quite a few came like 6 or 7, but only a few (2-3) doing the work. They say the nasal tube was too small and it was not used for quite some time.
Dots. You all were the one who inserted this tube and now you all said this tube was too small. I was simply disgusted. But luckily, they managed to came up with plan and finally the nasal feeding started. I feel that I have the responsibility to be there if not I do not know when the philipines nurse who wanted to start the nasal feeding will urgently report/call the necessary help. Even the doctor came and mentioned that this feeding needs to start asap.
I stayed till about 3 to 4pm before I feel safe under the hands of the nurses.