Thursday, May 3, 2012

All About My Only Father-29th &30th November (Day 19&20)

I think this was the day that the doctors want to send him to SGH for a scan at the lungs. They say only SGH has the machine to do this scan.
The next day, 30th November, he left at about 9am according to him and came back only at about 5pm. The rest of the time was wasted due to waiting time. He did not even had his lunch. So when he came back, he immediately went to kopitiam which was downstairs to grab some food. The next moment, he was required to go back again for a re-scan. He was simply pissed off as they nurse who went with him cannot converse with him. So basically he did not know what happened exactly throughout until I reached with my second-bro-in-law.
It as a Wednesday, so its his turn to cook again for my dad. We managed to locate him and he wanted a puff. When we were going back after his puff, the doctor came and simply keep pushing him there. The doctor was very rush as they need the scan urgently to determine for the operation next day. My dad wanted me to go with him so I can help him to communicate.

I went with him, pushed him all the way to the ambulance, and I ended up in the ambulance as well. The staff thought I was doctor so allowed me be in the ambulance as well. My eldest sister said I have the face of NUS. Haha. However, on the way back, I cannot hitch a ride from the ambulance anymore. I felt abit unhappy as I am sincerly only wanting to make sure my dad was in good condition. The scan only took him less than half an hour but the wait for the ambulance to go back was an hour. It was raining and so my dad had to endure the cold. Seriously poor planning.

By the time I reached TTSH by public transport, my dad barely reached 10 mins ago. It was really a long day for him and its like no one cared for him except for us. Haix. When my sisters came, one of the doctors, Dr. Lee, came to debrief of the scan result done at SGH. They have decided to let my father to go for operation the next day and from about 8pm onwards, he cannot eat anything anymore.

Then my father was agitated again. Because previously, there was a case which the doctors wanted him to go for scope to check his intestines to make sure that the tumor was centralized at his liver area and not other places. To do this scope, his intestines need to be cleared for a better image. But it was cancelled last minute and so he suffered for not being able to eat for a night. Whatever he has eaten for dinner, it would be flushed out like in 1 or 2 hours time which caused him the trouble and irritation for not able to sleep through the night.

So he had to undergo this another time but this time round was really different. If all went smoothly, good! :) My eldest uncle came and we all gave him the couragement. We can see that he was quite happy about it and so we ended off happily also. :)

My eldest uncle visited him before in hospital. When he heard that my dad refused to let the nurses to take his blood, he said that he was going to quit his job and be in the hospital to look after him. When nurse come to take my dad's blood, he will be sitting near the door there and smile at him. LOL.